Thursday, September 1, 2011

Busman's Wedding.....


 

The Malones established base camp at the Millenium Hilton and based on the amount of their provisions, they are planning an extended siege of lower Manhattan.


Its been a crazy few days.  Krissy left for Long Island on Monday.  One reason was to see the first day of the US Open, the other was to give both of us a little peace if we had a "what the hell am I doing moment". 

Although the power was back on in Flushing, it was still out at her Mom's.  After waiting it out all day Tuesday,  she finally headed back to NJ. 

As soon as she left, the power went back on.

As soon as she got here, the power went off.

Krissy then had one of those moments we were discussing above.

Fortunately she did what any sensible woman would do, she called her mother, who came and got her and they headed into the city.

As Krissy's mother arrived in New Jersey, the power went back on.


Millenium from 7 WTC

The funny thing about all of this is that they are encamped pretty right across the world trade Center where I work. These are the same cranes in both pics.




1 and 7 WTC from Millenium


 














So when they finally arrived in Manhattan, I was just able to saunter over to their room and we went out to dinner. at Trinity Place, which is a restaurant in an old bank vault on cedar St.  (my pics came out lousy, so I stole some off the net)
 

Here is a sneak preview of the 9-11 monument that is undergoing finishing touches at the WTC site.  You will probably be seeing a lot of it in the next few weeks.

Thats it for now.  I have about a gazillion things to do today so I better get cracking.

1 comment:

  1. If you didn't say "What the hell am I doing?" yesterday then I think we're good. :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete