Friday, September 9, 2011

The Cutting Room Floor.......

Krissy and I are on honeymoon this week.  These were written beforehand.....

There were a few things I was considering including in this wedding, which I subsequently said feh too.




One of which was a poem which I wanted to have read at there ceremony.  This was something I remember reading in high school and because it is so rythmic and mysterious it has always enchanted me. and it jut reminds so much of me and Krissy.




(Did I just say something enchanted me  That's something else for Jen to make fun of me for.....)

anyone lived in a pretty how town
 
by E. E. Cummings

anyone lived in a pretty how town
(with up so floating many bells down)
spring summer autumn winter
he sang his didn't he danced his did

Women and men(both little and small)
cared for anyone not at all
they sowed their isn't they reaped their same
sun moon stars rain

children guessed(but only a few
and down they forgot as up they grew
autumn winter spring summer)
that noone loved him more by more

when by now and tree by leaf
she laughed his joy she cried his grief
bird by snow and stir by still
anyone's any was all to her

someones married their everyones
laughed their cryings and did their dance
(sleep wake hope and then)they
said their nevers they slept their dream

stars rain sun moon
(and only the snow can begin to explain
how children are apt to forget to remember
with up so floating many bells down)

one day anyone died i guess
(and noone stooped to kiss his face)
busy folk buried them side by side
little by little and was by was

all by all and deep by deep
and more by more they dream their sleep
noone and anyone earth by april
wish by spirit and if by yes.

Women and men(both dong and ding)
summer autumn winter spring
reaped their sowing and went their came
sun moon stars rain

I like this a lot,  I really like how it captures the spirit of life of how it moves on and on.  I also like how it describes how our romance ship grew, "bit by bit", and how it does fit our relationship,  she does "laugh my joy and cry my grief",

Plus my "any" (all three of them) have become "all" to her.

 What I don't like is that anyone is just a little too tricky on the first read.  I felt like cliff notes in a wedding program might seem inappropriate.

Plus it is a little bit of a downer for a wedding (a few people did care for me).    and there is that whole  death thing at the end.  So nix kaput to you. (as my grandmother would say).....

The other is a song that if I had a little bit more guts I would have included for the DJ to play. because it also captures a lot of my feelings for Krissy.







I know, the puppet's a little creepy.


As most people who know me these days know that I do get a little "nervous" from time to time and Krissy doesn't make me nervous. When she is around I feel normal,  like she was always meant to be there.

Plus she is a really good cook.

That's about it, if all has gone according to plan, Krissy and I are going to see the SF baseball giants tonite and heading back East tomorrow  we should have plenty of exciting tales to regale you with.
















No comments:

Post a Comment