Monday, August 29, 2011

Finally Irene Damage Photos

Park Road
I have to confess that I felt a little guilty that I didn't have ANY Irene pics to post.  I mean there had to be some carnage somewhere.  This was blocking Park Road on my way to work this morning.




I felt a funny connection to this tree because it was one of multiple black walnuts marking the boundary of the original farm on which my house (and some neighboring homes sit)




Route 12 Just North of Rodanthe NC
More impressive (in a bad way) are these pics from Rodanthe in the Outer Banks, where we stayed earlier this month.  The photos show the mess which was made of route 12 at Mirlo Beach.  When we drove through this area,   I thought that it was awfully narrow, with the houses just a little too close to the beach for my liking.  ...





Now they are even closer.



The only good news is that this road washes out at least every couple of years and it is essentially disposable

No comments:

Post a Comment