Thursday, August 25, 2011

License to Wed....



Well as you can see by the ol' timer in the upper left, the big day is drawing nigh rather rapidly.  Krissy and I took some time this morning and went over to the clerks office on Worth Street  to get our wedding license.








 
On the way we passed a movie set for Boardwalk Empire.  There wasn't much to see as they were just getting started, but they had a lot of cool old cars outside.  I only got a few pics which came out OK.  Krissy was in a bit of a rush, and I just had my BB camera.










Extras at Murray and Elk Sts
I think these people all were extras.

I though I saw Steve Buscemi for a second, but it turned out to be a homeless guy.







Elk St NYC

Later, it started to pour and I wonder if they ever got their filming in.  If anyone watches the show and they show Atlantic County Municipal Court let me know.  thats the label they put on the building in the background.







Also we passed the NY Supreme Court,  for those who watch too much Law and Order,  (like my son) It should seem very familiar.







This time getting a license was different from previous...... experiences.  Everything was all computer kiosks and tv screens.  We sat for about twenty minutes.  The only thing was that due to recent legislative changes it was a very manly (and womanly) place.  I sort of felt like I was in The Crooked Man

Not that there is anything wrong with that.........

Still it was a mixed bag.  Brides in wedding dresses, flower girls.

The couple in the matching Black T-Shirt and black gym shorts was a bit much though. 


We waited for our number to be called (A069 for the record,) and showed our papers,

For me the most touching thing was when Krissy signed agreeing to take my name.  Its a big step in life to take somebody's name I really felt our commitment to each other more strongly than I ever had, like we were really and truly becoming a family.



Anyway enough of the sentimental mushy stuff.....

So we got our license which Krissy squirreled away and we parted ways,  it was only a few steps back to 7 WTC and back to the usual office stuff.


3 comments:

  1. From hereforth I will be known as Dave. It's a big day for me. :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to give someone a compliment.....

    Love you too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are darling. You must be so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete